Sunday, May 17th —YOUTH SUNDAY, Graduate Recognition, Teacher Appreciation Day, and the last day of Sunday School before summer break!
- SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP - 10:00am – All are Welcome! Join us in Fellowship Hall following the service for coffee, treats, and friendly conversation.
- BAREFOOT CHURCH – Saturdays at 5:00pm – All are Welcome! in Experience worship, community, and discussion around how to life faithfully in ordinary life.
- NURSERY (Under 5 years of age) - A staffed nursery is available for parents/guardians who would like to have childcare while participating in Sunday morning worship or educational activities beginning at 8:45am
- ADULT CLASSES - 9:00am Sunday mornings before the worship service. There will be additional smalls group opportunities throughout the week:
- Monday Feast at 10:00am - Dig into the scripture following the Narrative lectionary
- Nurture Group – Tuesdays at 10:00am - Join other women seeking to mature in faith
- Wednesday Taizé Worship - 6:15pm - we will gather for 15 -20 minutes of worship for a midweek centering experience
- Book Groups and other opportunities to be scheduled
- CHILDREN (Preschool through 5th Grade) - 9:00am Sunday mornings before the worship service
- YOUTH (6th Grade - 12th Grade) Will be meeting at various times including:
- Sunday Mornings - either before or after worship
- During the week for service projects, devotionals, and classes
- Joining the Adult or Children’s Education classes when appropriate
- Check back for updates!
14th Annual Blessing of the Animals
You are encouraged to bring your family pets and work animals to this special outdoor service as we worship God and celebrate the blessing and companionship of all God’s creatures.
Please bring a lawn chair or blanket, as this service is held outdoors on the church lawn. In case of rain or poor weather conditions, the service will be held in Fellowship Hall of the church and all animals will be welcomed to come inside.
An overall blessing of all animals present will be included as part of the worship service, and individual blessings will be offered following the service.
Animals of ALL SIZES are welcome! Pets must be on leash (dogs), in carriers/cages (cats, birds, small mammals), in fish bowls/terrariums (fish, reptiles), or trailers (horses, etc.).
For safety reasons, we ask that you DO NOT USE RETRACTABLE LEASHES at this event! Water buckets will be available for animals to enjoy throughout the morning.
Please contact the church office at 715-832-1011 with any questions
Summer Camp is just around the corner!
Register your child/children for a fantastic camp experience where they will create wonderful memories that last a lifetime while growing in their faith!
Be sure to keep an eye out for some of our own First Presbyterian Church campers in this video.
Visit the Presbyterian Clearwater Forest website (www.clearwaterforest.org) for more information or to register online.
Serving 5:30 - 6:10pm / Suggested Donation: $5 Adults / Under 12 eat FREE!
Be sure to stick around after the meal and join in one of the following opportunities:
- Centering Worship 6:15pm – Fireside Room
- Choir 6:45 - 8:00pm – Balcony
- Praise Choir 6:00 - 6:20pm – Youth Center
- Youth Group (Grades 6-12) 6:30pm – 8:00pm – Youth Center
May 6th - Lasagna, Green Salad, Italian Bread w/ Garlic Butter, Ice Cream
May 13th - Calico Beans, Corn Bread, Green Salad, Pink Cloud Dessert
May 20th - Cranberry Glazed Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas, Rice Krispie Bars
**Please sign up to help out with meal preparation and/or cleanup!
2015 Scholarship Application Announcement
Scholarships are available from the First Presbyterian Church of Eau Claire, thanks to the generosity of Gladys and Gordon Keith and others. The Scholarship Committee in liaison with the Celebration Fund Committee administers this fund.
Who is eligible? Any member of First Presbyterian Church who is enrolled or will be enrolled at an accredited college, university, or technical college course of study during the coming academic session is eligible to apply.
Dowload a PDF copy of the Scholarship Application HERE or contact the church office for application information.
Send completed applications to: First Presbyterian Church, Scholarship Committee, 2112 Rudolph Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701-4750
Applications must be received by May 31, 2015 and notification letters will be mailed to recipients by July 15, 2015.
For further information, please contact John Olson, chairperson of the Scholarship Committee at
or the church office at
Video Interviews featuring the children of First Presbyterian Church
We asked some of the children of our church the following questions:
- "What is God Like?"
- "How do you know you are part of a family?"
Here are their thoughtful responses!